The MAKTrek® 3-D Probiotic Delivery System provides significant safeguards that may ensure better survival of the living beneficial probiotic bacteria. The following are the 3 D’s of the MAKTrek® 3-D system:
1st D – Two Step Acid Protection
- The probiotic bacteria are enrobed by an extract of Brown Seaweed (Lessonia nigrescens) called complex marine polysaccharides.
- Once blended the final powder is encapsulated
- When the capsule is swallowed it will come in contact with the stomach acid. The acid will then dissolve the capsule. The complex marine polysaccharides will form a secondary internal capsule protecting the living probiotic cells from the acid. (See the pictures to the right.)
2nd D – In-Transit Buffering
- This step is a proprietary all natural buffering system that helps to support the in-transit digestive environment condition. Probiotic cells prefer balance and this system supports this balance.
3rd D – Additional Safeguards
- The researched and documented strains used are naturally equipped to handle exposure to some common environmental elements that can and do make survival difficult for these beneficial probiotic bacteria.
The MAKTrek® 3-D Probiotic Delivery System has been scientifically studied using a specified stomach acid exposure simulation. During this simulation the MAKTrek® 3-D protected probiotic supplement showed greater survival than simply acid protection alone.