How Do You Choose a Probiotic Supplement?
Probiotic supplements are available in a number of different formats such as capsules, tablets, powders and yogurts. The good bacteria used in Probiotic supplements are created by using fermentation, very similar to the original origins of their discovery by Elie Metchnikoff. Obviously there have been some amazing advancements in technology since then.
To choose the perfect Probiotic Supplement the following will help you choose wisely:
Key Features To Look For:
- 7 to 12 strains of beneficial probiotic bacteria. Diversity is Key!
- Should always include a Prebiotic such as Inulin
- Should contain at least 100mg or more per serving
- Should have at least an “Acid Protection System” built in
- Preferably not a synthetic enteric coating system laiden with pthallates
- All Probulin Product use more that just acid protection.
- We use the patent pending MAKTrek® 3-D Probiotic Delivery System learn more
- More is not better when it comes to dose.
- Look for 5 to 10 billion cfu for daily use
- Look for 10 to 20 billion cfu for more focused use
- For International travel
- Over use of certain medications
- Many other issues
- Always check the “Best By” or “Expiration Date”