The health benefits of probiotic bacteria are manifold. They help maintain gut flora, support the immune system, help address occasional gastrointestinal challenges. But to perform these vital functions, health-promoting bacteria must arrive alive and healthy in the gut. This is no small challenge, considering the extremely acidic and hostile environment of the upper digestive tract.
To help protect our carefully selected probiotic bacteria strains during their journey, Probulin products employ patent-pending technology to envelope and safeguard their precious cargo – the MAKTrek 3-D® Delivery System.
The “Seaweed Submarine”
Probulin’s probiotic bacteria are enrobed by an extract made from Brown Seaweed (Lessonia nigrescens). The complex marine polysaccharides shield the probiotic strains and prevent them from being compromised by the harsh, acid-rich environment of the stomach.
Some probiotics use only an enteric coated capsule or pearl to encase their probiotic bacteria. Those vehicles may not be as effective and use ingredients that may not be as suitable as they should be.
Do you ever wonder why some probiotics promote 50 billion, 100 billion or even 200 billions CFU in each capsule? It is because they hope to have at least some survive the treacherous journey through the stomach, then through the duodenum (bile exposure). And all of those extra billions of bacteria are expensive – that’s why the price goes up for those larger CFU counts.
We believe there’s a better, more scientific way. Enrobing the bacteria in brown seaweed protects and envelopes the bacteria in a life-preserving gel-like “submarine”, ensuring safe passage all the way to the digestive tract.
The seaweed submarine enables the probiotics’ safe journey to the gut where the outer gel-like coating slowly dissolves, releasing the live bacteria. The bacteria then attach themselves to the intestinal walls, where they help maintain gut flora and confer their other health benefits.
To keep our probiotic strains well nourished and hydrated during their “submarine” journey, and to help them survive the first critical hours within the human gut, Probulin includes prebiotics (bacteria food) and electrolytes (hydration) to help our probiotic strains stay healthy and well nourished as they get established in their new neighborhood.
Only The Hardiest Strains Make the Grade
Another way that Probulin ensures the survival of our probiotics is by choosing only high quality products and strains. Hardy bacterial strains, protected within their “seaweed submarine,” have strong survival rates traversing the journey through stomach acid. This means a low attrition rate and a high number of beneficial bacteria reaching the gut alive.
Why Probulin is Different
As we noted, some products contain thousands of extra bacterial strains into each capsule. Not only is this inefficient, it raises product costs both for manufacturer and consumer. Probulin’s MAKTrek® 3-D system relies on choosing hardy probiotic strains and protecting them using the latest patent-pending technology. This assures both the effectiveness and the value of our products.
Here’s more detail about the MAKTrek 3-D Delivery system.
The Three D’s of MAKTrek® 3-D
1st D – Stomach Acid Protection
- The probiotic bacteria are enrobed by an extract of Brown Seaweed (Lessonia nigrescens) called complex marine polysaccharides.
- Once blended, the final powder is encapsulated.
- When the capsule is swallowed it will come in contact with the stomach acid. The acid will dissolve the capsule.
- The complex marine polysaccharides then form a secondary internal gel-like capsule, protecting the living probiotic cells from the acid.
2nd D – Isotonic Protection
- This step includes a validated blend of important electrolyte minerals so as to provide the necessary controls during the activating hydration step for probiotics. This step is a cornerstone to the patent pending MAKTrek® 3-D Delivery System.
3rd D – Additional Safeguards
- Probulin’s researched and documented strains are specifically selected as being equipped to handle exposure to the environmental elements that would otherwise make survival difficult for these beneficial probiotic bacteria.
Not all probiotics are created the same. If delivery, quality and potency are important parts of your probiotic evaluation, Probulin’s line of digestive probiotics has you covered.
Until next time, be well and stay healthy!