Summer is here, which means pool days, cookouts, and other fun outdoor activities are in full swing! If you’re anything like the rest of us, warm summer days are almost impossible to enjoy without sipping on something refreshing.
Whether you’re welcoming friends to your home for a cookout or enjoying some much-needed relaxation time on the porch, this grapefruit kombucha spritzer recipe is the perfect beverage choice. It’s delicious, oh-so refreshing, and even provides benefits for your gut and overall health (thanks to the kombucha, which contains probiotics)!
To get started, here’s what you’ll need:
- Two grapefruits (Try oranges if you’re not a fan of grapefruits!)
- ½ lime
- Approx. ½ cup Sparkling water (We used lemon-lime flavored, but any kind will work)
- 1 cup Kombucha (Lemon-ginger or lemon)
- Mint and/or edible flowers (to add that extra aesthetic appeal!)
- Start by squeezing 1 to 1 ½ grapefruits into a large glass and save the rest for garnish
- Add juice from ½ a lime
- Add about a cup of kombucha (make sure there is room left for sparkling water and ice; add less kombucha if needed
- Add ice, stir, garnish, then enjoy!
For more ways to support your gut health this summer, be sure to check out our Digestive Probiotics.