We can’t say enough good things about chia seeds. If you’re not incorporating these super seeds into your meal planning, you might want to reconsider…
Why? Chia seeds are a great source of omega 3 fatty acids, fiber, proteins, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, which is why many people consider them to be a “superfood.” Consuming about 1-2 tablespoons of chia seeds per day may help support digestion, and so much more!
So, how can you incorporate chia seeds into your diet? Here are several ideas:
- Blend them into your smoothies
- Add them to your cereal
- Sprinkle them on top of your salad
- Bake them into bread
- Sprinkle them on top of yogurt
Our favorite way to consume chia seeds is by preparing this Chia Seed Pudding! Once prepared, you can refrigerate it for several days, eat it for breakfast, as a snack, or even dessert. You can also change up the flavor with different toppings! We hope you enjoy it.
*Recipe courtesy of eatingbirdfood.com.
For the pudding:
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt (dairy or non-dairy will work!)
- 1 ½ tablespoons of pure maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 1 banana (sliced)
- Chopped strawberries
- Cacao nibs
- Unsweetened coconut flakes
- Stir together almond milk, yogurt, maple syrup, and vanilla. Whisk in the chia seeds, then cover and refrigerate overnight or until it reaches the consistency of a pudding (usually at least 4 hours).
- Remove chia pudding from the fridge and spoon into a serving dish. Top with banana slices, strawberries, blueberries, cacao nibs, and coconut flakes.
*This recipe makes enough for 2-3 servings. We recommend doubling the recipe as it can last in the fridge for 4-5 days.