Do you find yourself craving something sweet and cool the moment temperatures start warming up? We sure do! As much as we don’t like being the bearer of bad news, it is our duty to remind you that too much sugar and sweets can really wreak havoc on your digestive system. (Sorry, we don’t make the rules.)
Though we love the occasional stroll to the local ice cream shop, we decided that there must be something delicious, fruity, and healthy that can be easily made at home… and guess what? There most certainly is! Say hello to these delightful cherry coconut yogurt bites, made with only three ingredients.
The best part about these bites is that they take less than 10 minutes to prep, and can be stored in the freezer for months. When you’re in need of something sweet to top off a warm sunny day, simply take one out and let it sit on your counter to thaw for a few minutes, then enjoy the creamy fruity goodness.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Two 5.3 oz containers of coconut flavored yogurt (we used cashew yogurt, but any coconut flavored yogurt will work, just make sure it’s low in added sugar)
- 1-2 tbsp of maple syrup or agave
- ½ cup frozen dark unsweetened cherries
- Shredded unsweetened coconut flakes (optional, for toppings)
*Yields five yogurt bites
- Thaw your frozen cherries in the microwave, then pop them in a blender and puree until smooth
- In a bowl, mix together the sweetener and yogurt
- Grab a muffin tin, add a spoonful of yogurt mixture to each hole. Then, add a spoonful of cherries. Repeat until muffin holes are filled
- Optional: Sprinkle with coconut flakes
- Pop them in the freezer for at least two hours. Once frozen, you can transfer them to a tupperware for convenience
We hope you like this recipe as much as we do!
At Probulin, helping you establish healthier habits to support your gut health and overall health is something we love to do. Did you know your gut health is important to your immune health? For more ways to support your health, take a look at some of our Digestive Probiotics.
*This recipe is courtesy of greenletes.com but has been modified to our preference.