Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 20 minutes Yield: 1 serving
- 1 cup (235 ml) water
- 1/2 cup (80 g) tempeh
- 1 tablespoon (14 g) light, trans-fat-free margarine
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup (35 g) broccoli florets
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, simmer the water and the tempeh for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, place tempeh on several paper towels to drain; when dry, cut tempeh into cubes.
- Melt margarine in a skillet over medium-low heat; add tempeh and sauté, stirring occasionally for 4 minutes.
- Add egg, broccoli, scallions, garlic, and ginger and continue to sauté, stirring occasionally, for another 5 minutes.
Recipe courtesy of Tracy Olgeaty Gensler, author of Probiotic and Prebiotic Recipes for Health: 100 Recipes that Battle Colitis, Candidiasis, Food Allergies, and Other Digestive Disorders
Per serving: Calories 353 (From Fat 224); Fat 25g; Cholesterol 212mg; Sodium 205mg; Carbohydrate 13g (Dietary Fiber 6g); Protein 23g.