Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 15 minutes Yield: 4 servings
- 6 large egg yolks, room temperature
- 1/2 cup of Lakanto that has already been finely ground in a nut grinder or VitaMix
- 1/2 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 cup water
- 1 heaping tablespoon agar flakes
- pinch of sea salt
- 6-8 drops of Body Ecology’s liquid Stevia Concentrate
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- In saucepan combine eggs and Lakanto and beat together with electric beater. DO NOT HEAT YET.
- Beat lemon juice into egg/Lakanto mixture.
- In second saucepan bring water to a boil and add agar flakes and sea salt. Stir to dissolve and let simmer for ten minutes. Remove from heat but keep warm.
- Move saucepan with egg/Lakanto/lemon juice mixture to cook top and bring to a simmer over low heat. (Keep heat low so you do not cook the eggs.)
- Stirring constantly melt the butter slices into this mixture.
- When melted, remove from heat and add lemon rind and stevia liquid concentrate.
- Slowly pour warm agar mixture into egg/Lakanto/lemon juice/lemon rind/stevia mixing well.
- Pour mixture into parfait glasses and let cool in refrigerator.
- Before serving top with Lakanto or stevia-sweetened whipped cream, but only if your body is fine with dairy. Cream has casein.
Recipe courtesy of www.bodyecology.com
Per serving: Calories 299 (From Fat 274); Fat 30g; Cholesterol 380mg; Sodium 49mg; Carbohydrate 4g (Dietary Fiber 0g); Protein 5g.