Prep time: 15 minutes Cook time: 1.25 hours
- 1 cup fresh oregano leaves
- 1 cup green onions, coarsely chopped
- 4 tablespoons fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 2 small garlic cloves
- Juice of two lemons
- 3/4 tablespoon melted coconut oil, ghee or extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fine grind celtic sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 free-range, organic chicken breasts
- Combine first eight ingredients (everything but the chicken breasts) in a food processor bowl and process until minced
- Place chicken in a casserole dish and spread fresh herb mixture over chicken breasts
- Marinate chicken at least one hour in refrigerator then roast very slowly in a 225 F degree oven for one hour and 15 minutes or until the breasts are done.
Recipe courtesy of www.bodyecology.com
Per serving: Calories 237 (From Fat 69); Fat 8g; Cholesterol 73mg; Sodium 647mg; Carbohydrate 16g (Dietary Fiber 9g); Protein 29g.